It is important to know and understand how workplace Health and Safety legislation applies to you.
Your Legal Responsibility
As a business Owner / Director / CEO / Manager / Employer, you have a legal responsibility to protect the health and safety of your staff and other people – such as contractors, suppliers, customers and members of the public – who may be affected by their work.
In general, employers must:
The following link provides access to The Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and the first phase Regulations supporting the new 2015 Act
- Make the workplace safe and eliminate or control risks to health
- Ensure plant and machinery are safe and that safe systems of work are set and followed
- Ensure articles and substances are moved, stored and used safely
- Provide adequate welfare facilities
- Give workers the information, instruction, training and supervision necessary for their health and safety
- Consult workers on health and safety matters